Site pollution liability for senior care communities
In addition to the usual coverages you expect from Markel Healthcare Practice (general liability, professional liability, auto liability, umbrella liability, management liability, property), we can also offer site pollution liability coverage for senior care communities. These communities include independent living, assisted living, memory care, CCRCs and skilled nursing facilities. This coverage protects against claims to the insured for bodily injury, property damage, cleanup costs, and defense costs.
Our site pollution coverage is offered in conjunction with Markel’s environmental impairment liability and is written on a claims-made basis under the sudden and accident coverage part. Limits for this coverage will start at $500,000/$500,000 with a deductible of $5,000. Minimum premiums start at $2,500.
Coverage is offered on a non-admitted basis with the following highlights:
- Single location or multiple locations
- Bodily injury (broad definition) and property damage
- Transportation pollution liability
- Broadly defined natural resources
- Available capacity: $15 million
- Circumstance reporting provision
- Toll free, 24 hours number to report claims