Specialty commercial appointment process
At Markel, agents are our greatest asset, and we want you to be successful in growing your business. If your agency is interested in getting an appointment with Markel, complete a producer application to get started.
Visit the prospective agents page on markelinsurance.com to learn more. Once your application has been submitted, a member of Markel's agency services team will be in touch with you.
We partner with independent agencies with premium potential of $50,000 or more in our specialty niches, including:
- Ambulances - Ambulance, hospital fleet
- Child care – Child care centers, Head Start programs
- Event planners and inflatable rental operators
- Financial advisors – Errors and Omissions and Directors’ and Officers’ insurance on a surplus basis
- Health and fitness – Health clubs, cheerleading, dance, gymnastics, martial arts schools
- Horse and farm – Commercial farms and ranches, commercial horse operations
- Museums and fine arts – Arts organizations, fine arts, historic homes, museums, performing arts groups
- Outdoor programs – Fishing and hunting lodges/plantations, fly fishing clubs, nature centers, outfitters and guides, rod and gun clubs
- Pest control
- Program administrator business
- Schools – Charter/independent schools; K-12 students/sports, college sports (accident insurance), tuition refund
- Senior living programs – Independent living, assisted living, Alzheimer’s care, Continuing Care Retirement Communities
- Small business – BOP, workers' compensation
- Social services – Boys and Girls Clubs, child welfare organizations, family services, developmentally disabled programs, mental health
- Special risk accident - groups, clubs, nonprofits
- Sports - amateur and youth – Sports teams and leagues
- Workers' compensation
Available coverages include property and casualty, workers' compensation, and accident insurance. Learn more at our prospective agents page on markelinsurance.com.
Coverage availability varies by state.