Fair Housing service page and hotline service for tenant discrimination liability insurance policyholders
Welcome to Markel’s access page to Wilson Elser’s Fair Housing Service Page and hotline service. Markel has partnered with Wilson Elser to provide access to general information and helpful guidelines to assist in developing appropriate liability risk management practices and procedures.
The service is restricted for tenant discrimination liability insurance policyholders use only. It is agreed that policyholder’s utilization of the Fair Housing service page and hotline service shall constitute agreement by the policyholder to the following terms:
1. The information is expressly not intended to be legal advice or legal service, nor individual client specific risk management advice. Legal questions or legal advice are outside the scope of the hotline service. The policyholder does not at any time enter into an attorney-client relationship with any of the hotline panel members.
2. Because of myriad federal, state, and local legal considerations relating to liability, consultation with retained legal counsel is recommended before applying or acting on any risk management information provided at Wilson Elser’s Fair Housing service page or hotline service.
3. Any conversations between the policyholder and Wilson Elser are totally confidential and will not be recorded by either party. Markel does not participate in hotline calls and will not have access to and will not be supplied with information about any hotline discussion. Wilson Elser will not divulge any portion of the conversation to the insurer or to any other third party.
4. The service does not cover such items as responding on behalf of a policyholder to a lawsuit, or to a charge brought by an administrative agency, or to a demand letter from an attorney.
5. The policyholder agrees to abide by the terms of the policy, relative to reporting claims directly to the insurance company. Utilization of this service or notice to any panel member of a claim or potential claim against a policyholder does not constitute notice to the insurance company of a claim or potential claim. The panel member is under no obligation to, and will not, report such a claim or potential claim to the insurance company.
6. The panel members cannot provide advice or representation concerning any possible disputes or controversies between the policyholder and the insurance company, including whether any particular claim or potential claim or demand against a policyholder is covered by the insurance policy.
7. In the event of any dispute between the policyholder and the insurance company, the panel member will not be called upon in any way to provide any testimony or any other evidence in connection with the dispute.
8. The policyholder agrees not to make any claim of any kind at any time against any panel member.
9. Policyholder utilization of the service shall constitute agreement to the foregoing terms.
I have read the disclaimer and want to access it!
Click here to access Wilson Elser's resource center.